Meet Kevin! He is another invaluable member of Soren who started as a Capacity Analyst and quickly worked his way up to become an Operations Manager. Kevin is a perfect example of the Soren Core Value “Choose to be Proactive” because it takes a lot of internal drive to do his job well. He is passionate about doing all he can to provide the best results, which is one of the many reasons we are thrilled to have Kevin as part of the Soren Team and are proud to spotlight him this month!
- Tell us a little bit about your family…
I have been married to my wife, Jaycie, for 11 years. We have 4 children-Michael (17), Olivia (12), Keith (9), Kaycie (7).
- Where is your favorite place to be?
My favorite place to be is with my family. If there is a mountain or outdoor landscape involved, even better.
- What is your favorite movie or TV show?
My all-time favorite movie is Lonesome Dove.
- If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Either Ribeye or Filet Mignon steak
- If you could meet anyone living or dead, who would it be?
Earnest Shackleton—His leadership, ingenuity and determination in impossible circumstances saved his and several others’ lives.
- If you were stuck on an island what three things would you bring?
I would bring Jaycie, a stove and stretchy pants.
- People would be surprised if they knew…
I grew up in a small town (500 people) in Wyoming. My father worked on a ranch, and I spent my childhood working with him.
- Which Soren core value means the most to you and why?
Teamwork drives our success-Logistics is extremely challenging at times and more than any one of us can handle well. By having strong teams and teammates to help shoulder the load, we are driven to successful achievements that exceed our individual abilities.
- Do you have any advice for new or potential Soren employees?
Be willing to do the little things well and drive yourself. A lot of good things happen to those who are willing to hustle for it.