Meet Austin! Austin has been with Soren for about two years and plays an important role as an Data Analyst on our team. Austin is a perfect example of the Soren Core Value “Results the Right Way” because he works hard daily to produce accurate reports and analytics concerning Soren employees and the work they perform. He is determined to provide correct information for the benefit of the company. Soren Office Manager, Lexi Battles, says: “Austin has been a great addition to the Soren fam! He worked originally as a capacity analyst assistant in operations and then became a data analyst. Austin is inquisitive by nature and has an ability to recognize patterns, trends, and solve problems. Austin is self-taught on how to analyze data. He has a knack for gathering data, cleaning it up, and delivering results that makes it easy for others to easily interpret or utilize the product. Austin works with multiple departments and is not afraid of the challenges that are brought to him. We are eager to see what the future has in store with Austin!” We are thrilled to have Austin here at Soren and are proud to spotlight him this month!
- Tell us a little bit about your family I originally come from a family of seven. I am the 2nd to the youngest out of 5 kids. I have 2 older sisters, an older brother and 1 younger sister. We’ve lived throughout northern and southern Texas majority of my life, with little time in Missouri, Utah and Idaho. My Old Man works in construction as a QC Manager and My Momma stayed at home to raise my siblings and I. We have had 4 new additions to the fam. My Brother-In-law, Chad. And my two nieces and one nephew, who kinda run the house at the moment lol We are all very close and can definitely hold a conversation with Movie Quotes during dinner time.
- Where is your favorite place to be? The Temple or out Hiking in nature. Nothing can beat the feeling of having a place to go and leave the Stresses and Worries of life behind for a moment. And just enjoy the beautiful scenery of God’s creation all around you without distractions.
- What is your favorite movie or TV show? Treasure Planet and Pirates of the Caribbean. Come On! Who doesn’t like a good “Pirates Life For Me”?
- If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? NatureSweet Cherub Tomatoes à Chilled, Cut in half and Salted with a Mountain Dew to drink (Yes Yes, I know. It’s weird, so I’ve been told….But hey, I’m Proud of it)
- If you could meet anyone living or dead, who would it be? I would want to meet Jesus Christ. He has done so much for me already, that it’ll be totally worth it to meet him and express my Gratitude and Joy because of Him.
- If you were stuck on an island what three things would you bring? A Knife, Flint, and a Dutch Oven to cook with
- People would be surprised if they knew… I have a concaved chest. Before I had surgery for a metal bar to be put into my chest to help make the middle of my rib cage bone grow out, I had a hole wider and deep then my fist. Apart from the feeling of sharp pains when I tried to breath, I thought it was pretty cool. I put it to good use by putting lights inside to become Iron Man or just the normal Snack Bowl for when I was watching a movie.
How is Soren different than other companies you’ve worked for?
Soren has allowed me the opportunity to progress and improve in many different aspects of my work ethic. They continue to challenge me and have me set SMART Goals that I am able to work towards, so I am more effective and efficient in my performance.
Which Soren core value means the most to you and why?
The Soren Core Value that means the most to me is “CHOOSE TO BE PROACTIVE”. I really like that core value because it gives me the opportunity to continue progressing and improving in the many tasks that I work on throughout my work day. Plus it helps the day go by quicker also.
Do you have any advice for new or potential Soren employees?
My Advice would be to always be productive, there is always something needing to be done. Whether it’s covering freight, calling carriers or customers, etc.